13 fart related facts that are actually quite interesting and for those who are quite childlike at heart, you’ll probably find yourself having a good giggle. Take a look!
1 The word “fart” derived from an Old English word “feortan,” which means “to break wind.”
2. Farting is the result of a healthy, complex ecosystem in our intestines
3. The average human being farts 17 times a day
3. Women’s farts smell worse than men’s farts due to higher hydrogen sulfide content.
4. Vegetarian farts smell better
6. Eproctophilia is a term for sexual arousal caused by farting .
7. Farts are flammable
8. The average speed of a fart is about 10 feet per second or about 9.5 km/hr.
9. Gum and Soda can make you fart more.
10. Men fart more than women
11. Holding farts In could be bad for your health
12. Food rich in sulfur like cheese, cabbage, eggs, soda, and beans will lead to bad odor.
13. There are pills that can make your farts smell like roses or chocolate.
14. Termites are the animals which produce the most farts.
15. On average, corpses will fart for nearly 3 hours after death.
16. An area of medicine devoted to farts is called flatology.